How to Paint Fabric ¨ armchair ¨- using Autentico chalpaint

I’ve heard people say you can paint fabric with autentico chalk board paint, but never did I believe it would actually work , till i tried out :) 







I bought this  furniture  1 year ago at a flea market in Barcelona, actually was only 20 euro, I didnt liked the fabric at all, so i decided to sew a cover and a pillow..  after 1 year i was getting bored of it , so i decided to try to paint it .
I checked the website of  www.chalkpaint.es i found loads of amazing colors .. finally i choose the yellow and the grey color.







































First - spray a little water on them, you know like you do if you’re going to paint concrete, and that would keep them from soaking up so much paint.















Second - paint the fabric  2 -3 times 



Then I took them outside and set them in the sun to dry.  I also wanted to see if the paint would crack in the heat.  Guess what….it didn’t.
Finally i painted with autentico furniture wax 









































So there you have it. 



























 It truly looks like an expensive leather armchair :) 
And the final touch , i sew a pillow from 100 years old antic french fabric...
What do you think ?  




Comments

Popular Posts